Re: Archaeopteryx and Parental Care

> I can't think of a single
> cursorial model which posits a quadrupedal ancestor (maybe Nopcsa?),

Nope. Nopcsa explicitely starts with a bipedal Proavis, and AFAIK with a
theropod.

> There's some interesting stuff on feather morphology in modern flightless
> birds, particularly the differences between different secondarily
flightless
> species ("shaggy" vs pinnate, associated with solar shielding...?).

Sounds interesting.

BTW, going to any of Vienna's university libraries -- for example -- does
hardly give one the exercise of walking, unless you are content with 5
minutes, and I wouldn't call the usual street air outside of the subway and
bus/tramway "fresh air", neither the one in the libraries themselves. :-|