RE: Kakuru question

Dann Pigdon wrote:

>...I have just come across an interesting quote from Ralph Molnar's
>"Fossil Reptiles in Australia" article in "Vertebrate Palaeontology of
>Australasia" concerning the Kakuru tibia:

>       ...it was possible to determine that this astragalus differed
>       significantly from that of any other theropod (but one, and
>       that yet to be studied). ...

>From memory (always a dangerous thing), I think he may be referring to a
tibia and/or astragalus from western Africa (Niger?).

I know Molnar has mentioned the provenance of this _Kakuru_-like material
elsewhere - perhaps in _The Dinosauria_, or in a general text on Australian
prehistory to which he contributed a chapter?

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall