Caenagnathid Species

Just a note:

  Despite what Sues (1998) and Varricchio (2001) wrote, and their reasons,
*Elmisaurus elegans* cannot, on present data, be referred to
*Chirostenotes,* much less a taxon based on an articular with
retroarticular of the surangular fused to it. The articular may very well
belong to *Elmisaurus* but not *Chirostenotes*, or to neither. Present
data does not allow us to evidence any referral, and the authors'
referrals are thereby unsupportable.

  Caenagnathidae Sternberg, 1940
    = Elmisauridae Osmólska, 1981
    Chirostenotes Sternberg, 1924
      = Macrophalangia Sternberg, 1932
      = Caenagnathus Sternberg, 1940
      C. pergracilis Sternberg, 1924 [type species]
        = M. canadensis Sternberg, 1932
        = C. collinsi Sternberg, 1940
      C. sternbergi Cracraft, 1972
    Elmisaurus Osmólska, 1981