Revised *classification* of Aves

Dear All,
      As a followup to my earlier posting this morning, I present below my updated classification of Class AVES sensu lato. It is an apomorphy-based taxon that is *approximately* equivalent to Sereno's "Maniraptora" (but he excluded Mononykiformes). It is more restricted than the official stem-based Maniraptora (which probably includes segnosaurians, Coelurus, and Alvarezsaurus). And since most birds do not "manuraptor" their food, it is certainly a totally inappropriate name for the entire Class anyway. What was once called Aves is virtually identical to the cladistic Avialae (which begins at Rahonavis or Archaeopterygidae; i.e. node 6 or 7 in Order Archaeopterygiformes below).
     Plesion Alvarezsaurus is joining segnosauria as being preliminarily ejected from Class Aves. If there is any really good evidence that it belongs in Class Aves, I would like to hear of it. Alvarezsaurus appears to be an ornithomime-segnosaurian "grade" form, along with Coelurus.
      Also note that I have added more plesia to Order Archaeopterygiformes and to the euornithes clade. And Bagaraatan has been added as well. Order Caenagnathiformes has been tightened up a bit. (Once again note that Pl. is my abbreviation for Plesion):
CLASS AVEA (AVES)
1 Plesion Protarchaeopteryx
? Pl. Caudipteryx
2 Caenagnathiformes Cracraft, 1971