Re: Details on Capitalsaurus: Multiple musings....

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:22:43 -0800
> From: "Mickey_Mortimer11" <Mickey_Mortimer11@email.msn.com>
>
>>> How is that different from say... George Olshevsky naming
>>> Iguanodon exogirarum Ponerosteus?
>>
>> [...] in keeping with my admonition about naming names on this (or
>> any) list, perhaps he should have not.
>
> Oh, he published it on paper.  See
> http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/2000May/msg00176.html

I took a look at this message.  It's pretty funny --

        Ponerosteus Olshevsky, 2000
        [...]
        Proposed as a replacement name for Procerosaurus Fritsch,
        1905, which is preoccupied by Procerosaurus von Huene, 1902
        [...] Ponerosteus, I believe, finally takes care of the last
        of the preoccupied genera among the dinosaurs.

How the march of history makes fools of us all :-)

[No offence intended to George, in case that's not perfectly clear.]

)_v__/\  "Not raw -- cooked" -- Monty Python.