Re: .577 tyrannosaur

Kewl! Bigger than an elephant round. I wonder if it wouldn't be overkill
against rex's relatively thin bones? Seems like a head-shot with a fifty
caliber would already be enough to splatter rex braincase all over the
landscape.
   I'll try to write a .577 into the third book of my Dinosaur Wars series.
Because the saga takes place in present-time, such details are always useful.
Who makes the round? I was thinking of writing of a former Texas governor out
hunting Triceratops, when he's surprised and chomped by the Big T himself.
-Tom
P.S. I'll be announcing the availability of the second book, Dinosaus Wars:
Counterattack sometime real soon. I've got a preliminary copy on my desk. It
has up-close and personal appearances by rex, megaraptors, bristle-covered
pachyrhinosaurs, mosasaurs and a passle of other Late Cretaceous beasties.
For those who indulge in fictional dinos, get ready!

Thomas P. Hopp, PhD
Author of DINOSAUR WARS, a science fiction novel published by iUniverse
Now Humans are the Endangered Species!  http://members.aol.com/dinosaurwars