Re: Stealing art (was: Dicraeosaurus)

I always wondered, if one uses a skeletal reconstruction, including the animals posture, limb placement, ect..., and "fleshes" the skeletal reconstruction out, to get what the animal may have looked like, is this considered "stealing"?  I used a skeleton of Clevosaurus from Early mesozoic tetrapods for a reconstruction, and cited that the picture was based on that skeleton.

 Jordan Mallon <j_mallon@hotmail.com> wrote:

I hate to bring this up again, but many of the drawings posted on the site
mentioned below were "taken" from a number of copyrighted sources, including
the works of many members on this list. (Lucky for me, my illustrations
were apparently not appealing enough. ;) Assuming that the webmaster did
not obtain the permission of many of you, I highly suggest that any artists
on this list check out the site and write the owner if he/she took your work
without permission. Us paleolife artists big and small have got to look out
for each other!
Catcha on the flipside,

Jordan Mallon