Re: Stealing art (was: Dicraeosaurus)

From: Morgan Churchill <mmcjawa@yahoo.com>

I always wondered, if one uses a skeletal reconstruction, including >the animals posture, limb placement, ect..., and "fleshes" the >skeletal reconstruction out, to get what the animal may have looked >like, is this considered "stealing"? I used a skeleton of Clevosaurus >from Early mesozoic tetrapods for a reconstruction, and cited that the >picture was based on that skeleton.

It's not stealing if you don't copy someone else's work and claim it's yours.
Look here, for example:
http://www.dinooption.co.kr/image02/arts/Protoceratops01.jpg

Jordan Mallon