Re: names

In a message dated 2/12/02 11:47:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fabianabu_nasser@hotmail.com writes:

<< Just a quick question is it
a) ethical
b) sensible
to name a dinosaur after a person who gives money to support an expedition?
Or just plain gives money?  >>

       Yes

 <<  I know in some fields (like astronomy) there
is the Star Registry which for a fee one can name a star after anyone or
anything they like.  >>

       That's not astronomy, that's a scam. Always shows up on the radio
during the holidays. I can name a star (or dinosaur) after you and copyright
it too. Doesn't mean a thing. DV