Re: Recoded Aves eliminates polyphyly

I understood that Mickey's post was making a certain point (not sure I would call it a joke), but ironically it convinced me even more that I am on the right track. The evidence he provided just confirmed what I was already suspecting---that caenagathiforms are closer to modern birds than Archaeopteryx. I've repeatedly expressed my suspicions that enigmosauria was not a clade, and if you give less weight to characters that are subject to considerable convergent pressures, I think even a moderately "weighted" parsimony analysis would show it is polyphyletic. If you want to know more about "weighted" parsimony, you might try Mayr and Ashlock, 1991 (Principles of Systematic Zoology), although I'm not sure if they use that exact phrase.
And according to a post by Mickey, Caudipteryx does have a convex coracoid glenoid (so it satisfies the first criterion according to him). And it's "semilunate" is enlarged and fused (and I noted that it and Protarcheopteryx have modified the distinctive shape somewhat). That is why I put semilunate in quotation marks. So I don't see how Caudipteryx fails this definition on either criterion.
Thanks for the constructive criticism in any case. [Tim's peanuts, on the other hand, give me indigestion].