Re: Birds?

From: Garrison Hilliard <garrison@efn.org>

DINOSAUR FUND MAY SHED LIGHT ON BIRDS
from The Chicago Tribune

A feathered dinosaur not much bigger than a chicken, recently >discovered in northeast China, is expected to give science a clearer >picture of the ancestors of today's birds, according to Field Museum >paleontologist Peter Mackovicky.

Hmmm... I seem to recall an incident like this several months ago in which a news report claimed that a "feathered" dinosaur had been found without there having been preserved feather impressions at all. Sure, _Sinoventator_ was likely feathered, but there was really no fossil evidence confirming this. I really hate it when these facts get so skewed.

Jordan Mallon