Re: Dinosaur trackway questions

In a message dated 2/14/02 2:26:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, emmar@ldeo.columbia.edu writes:

<< Coombs' swimming theropods:
there's NO reason to think these are NOT undertracks (I've spent a considerable amount of time on my hands and knees on that very surface). (Sorry Rich - IMHO these are NOT 'convincing' swimming tracks) >>

      WHY are they not 'convincing' swimming tracks? WHY no reason? Supposedly swimming sauropod trackways (manus prints only) have also been dismissed as undertracks, but I've only heard the dismissals. What have you discovered in your observations, or must I wait for the paper? DV