Re: a lot of fog (halkieriids)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:49:25
 Ken Kinman wrote:

>     I suppose Conway Morris' idea is sort of appealing in a "ontogeny
>recapitulates phylogeny" sort of way.   About 6-7 years ago, I spent several
>months (in my spare time) reviewing the pertinent literature, and concluded
>this was a case of brachiopod larval characteristics being paedomorphically
>held over into the halkieriid adult stage.

Okay, fine.  I think both ideas are parsimonious.  But, why exactly a
paedomorphic change?  Why not a peramorphic change like that seen in juvenile
_Neocrania_?  I'm curious to see what evidence you gathered from the literature
(you can post it to the list or send it to me offlist when convenient...I know
some of the best Olympic events are just about the begin! :-)

Regards,
Steve

Check out Cupid School where you will learn from Matchmaker's
best and brightest. Good Luck!

http://ecard.matchmaker.com/cupid0202/cupid0202.html