Re: MARK NORRELL SAID, today...!!! SAUROPOD FEATHERS! (NO JOKE)

In a message dated 2/15/02 5:45:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
archosaur@reptilis.net writes:

<< Needless to say, I'd love to see the evidence to back up this statement
(maybe someone finally did a follow-up to Zoui and Niswander's studies). >>

For some time now I've suspected (and argued) that all dinosaurs had feathers
of some kind--perhaps not like those of modern birds but certainly homologous
keratinous dermal structures. These might occur quite far down the archosaur
clade and could well be homologous with pterosaur "hairs" and even
Longisquama "wings." Nice to know that there might actually be some hard
evidence for these.