Re: MARK NORRELL SAID, today...!!! SAUROPOD FEATHERS! (NO JOKE)

At 06:44 PM 15/02/02 -0700, Jura wrote:
Needless to say, I'd love to see the evidence to back up this statement (maybe someone finally did a follow-up to Zoui and Niswander's studies).

Could it be that he is assuming that pterosaur "hair" is homologous with feathers, which would mean that it would have been present in the common ancestor of dinosaurs and pterosaurs and thus be a "primitive" character for all Dinosauria?

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court