Re: MARK NORRELL SAID, today...!!! SAUROPOD FEATHERS! (NO JOKE)

    Ronald Orenstein asks a good question:  "Could it be that he [Mark
Norrell] is assuming that pterosaur "hair" is homologous with feathers,
which would mean that it would have been present in the common ancestor of
dinosaurs and pterosaurs and thus be a "primitive" character for all
Dinosauria?"

    Certainly Norrell considers those amazing, long 'filaments' on the
Chinese psittacosaur (of which he showed the same photo that was on the web
somewhere) homologous with feathers. When someone in the audience asked the
same question that Orenstein asks, I'm pretty sure he said or implied that
such may be the case.  BUT, I'm not 100% sure that was his response, and
don't want to be putting words into Norrell's mouth.  His answer was
probably clear, but he was taking questions so fast, and I was thinking what
I should ask, that my attention may have gotten slightly diverted.  Sorry.

Ray Stanford