Re: footprint fallacies (was "Large theropod speed)

Not bringing a tired topic to life or anything (well maybe, a little).  But I was wondering when they did T .rex limb strength thing, they said that the legs would get broken if an adult T .rex ever tried to run in the suspended way (with both feet off the ground).  Wouldn't the special shock absorbers in the ankles take most of the stress?

If this sounds dumb, please forgive me.  I'm not smart or anything. :)