VIRUS & ARCHAEORAPTOR

Firstly.... needless to say (I hope), the recent worm virus sent to this list
under my name was a surprise to me. The email was apparently
distributed last Friday (I did not send any messages to DML that day).
The message appeared in my inbox titled as 'SOS' and with 'admin' as
the sender - I would have had no idea that my address was used had
other people not told me. It had an attachment. I have just completed a
file search of the PC I am currently using and 0 files are infected.

Apologies for any inconveniences, though seeing as I do all my
emailing from UOP computers I would have thought that their
antivirus software would have dealt with this.

Moving on, BBC1 in the UK will be screening their documentary on
_Archaeoraptor_ (part of the Horizon science series) this Thursday
evening. I gather they will be presenting it as a sort of detective tale,
though whether things will be distorted and oversimplified (as with
their recent effort on _Orrorin_ and its implications for hominid
evolution) remains to be seen. As usual I gave them lots of info, but
will not be credited for it.

Darren Naish
University of Portsmouth
Burnaby Building