Re: New Cretaceous bird and other papers

Pharris wrote:
 > That's a fairly egregious _non sequitur_.  In the absence of a K-T
event, it might well have been that "enantiornithines" (whatever those
end up being)  would have dominated the north and neornithines the south,
right up to the present day--much like marsupials and placentals.  We'll
never know.

In terms of abilty to disperse, mammals are wingless apples to birds
volant oranges.  Not a fair comparison, I mean.  I thought we had been
through this before and decided birds were much more likely to be able to
migrate global distances--this makes it less of a _non sequitur_ anyway.