Re: Would like some opinions about a couple of books

> I was also  wondering about what are some good college
> level Vertebrate Paleontology texts.  My last one is
> Romer and Parsons which is quite a bit out of date.

Romer? Wow. That's indeed history of science. The newest I know of is the
following, and I can recommend it (if you ignore the peculiar ranks the
author gives to groups, like Infraorder Tetanurae, Division Maniraptora,
Subdivision Arctometatarsalia, but that's pretty easy, he almost only does
so in the appendix), even though some parts are _already_ outdated:

Michael J. Benton: Vertebrate Palaeontology. Second Edition, Chapman & Hall
1997