Fw: Would like some opinions about a couple of books

    Lora Nelson asked about the book: Frankel, Charles. 1999. "The End of
the Dinosaurs:- Chicxulub Crater and Mass Extinctions".

    Having read this book, I think it is excellent, including really good
illustrations and photos.  Frankel has, IMO, done a fine job of distilling
and condensing pertinent material for a nice read that should be easy for
the general public to understand.  He also does a good job of putting the
K/T impact event into a perspective of other large impact events across
time, and even discusses the likelihood of future impacts.

    Personally, I really like the photo Frankel includes showing a glassy
K/T event tektite partially encapsulated in devitrified tektite (smectitic
clay).

    The book is a real bargain, IMO.

Ray Stanford