Re: Would like some opinions about a couple of books

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:30:02
 David Marjanovic wrote:
>Michael J. Benton: Vertebrate Palaeontology. Second Edition, Chapman & Hall
>1997

Oh yeah.  I second this, as Benton's book (despite some of the
clade/family/group, etc. listings) is very good.  I also recommend Richard
Cowen's History of Life, and, of course, the Complete Dinosaur.  In terms of
non-textbooks, the Horned Dinosaurs is an interesting book, as are Horner's and
Bakker's.  Also, I'm excited about Michael Novacek's new book...it received a
nice review by Steve Fiffer (yes, the same author of the Sue book!) in
yesterday's Chicago Tribune.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Check out Cupid School where you will learn from Matchmaker's
best and brightest. Good Luck!

http://ecard.matchmaker.com/cupid0202/cupid0202.html