RE: VIRUS & ARCHAEORAPTOR

I wrote (regarding Storr's Olson's Archaeoraptor paper):

<<This must be regarded carefully, in my opinion, as we must consider the
amplitude of Storrs Olson's note regarded what he decided to designate
"Archaeoraptor" (reasons are unimportant in this case). At which point
does this note become a published document when it, as in dissertations,
is released pretty much only among in-house personnel and colleages? Such
a publication does not, unless it's been released to a distribution
center, to other libraries and does not permit broad access. It what other
ways does this "authoratative" note constitute publication?>>

<True, but from what I understand, he also sent it out to 100 different
paleontologists, and I believe, and I may be wrong, he believes he has
fulfilled the ICZN ambulation on it. And if the ICZN recognizes it, then
so would we all. I don't know how to check this with the ICZN directly.>

  This is what I had thought. This may require an inquiry to the ICZN
itself, but I was attempting to clear up my understanding of the paper
itself. I have every intention of acquiring the paper itself for my
purposes, but wished to know to which ends this paper may serve, and
whether it may serve any particular taxonomic "effect."

=====
Jaime A. Headden