Re: Would like some opinions about a couple of books

As one of the people who did not come off well in this book, may I say that no
one I know on the government side was contacted by the author in any way? I did
not know about the book until just before it was published, and neither did my
colleagues. It would certainly have been better legal and scientific reportage
if all sides had been allowed to weigh in. But no one I know refused to
cooperate--we were never even given the chance to do so. Cheers, Sally

Sally Y. Shelton
Collections Officer
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution
Washington, DC   20560-0107
phone (202) 786-2601, FAX (202) 786-2328
email Shelton.Sally@nmnh.si.edu

List owner, PERMIT-L

>>> <MKIRKALDY@aol.com> 10:30:15 PM Monday, February 18, 2002 >>>
In a message dated 2/18/2002 4:31:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,