RE: New Cretaceous bird and other papers

David Marjanovic wrote:

>But we don't find any non-neornithine dinosaur anywhere in the world
>afterwards. I do think that tells something.

Recently, _Lithornis_ (early Tertiary), hitherto regarded as a palaeognath,
has been moved to outside the Neornithes.

(Apologies if somebody has already mentioned this - quite a few of my emails
are scrambled.)

Tim

"And the gold medal goes to Austria!!... err, Australia!!"

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall
Iowa State University