Re: Chinshakiangosaurus Elaao, 1956

In a message dated 2/19/02 1:50:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< What has actually become of that beast? Is it a melanorosaurid? >>

I recall that the most complete "description" published so far appeared in
Dong Zhiming's 1992 book Dinosaurs of China (Springer-Verlag). My copy of
this item is buried right now so I can't check my memory. It's apparently
some kind of large prosauropod, indeed on record as the largest Chinese
prosauropod, maybe 12-13 meters long. Unfortunately, it's not dealt with in
the Glut encyclopedias, except for a mention in Supplement 2, where it's
listed as Sauropoda incertae sedis.