Re: Plant eating hammerhead shark on legs, aka Nigersaurus

At 10:21 AM -0500 2/20/02, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,652476,00.html

A report about Sereno's press conference at the AAAS meeting.

Which is very interesting, since I was at both Sereno's press conference and his talk, and he didn't go into these details there. The highlight of both was the scapula from Spinosaurus, which struck me as surprisingly small, about 1.5 feet long altogether. Paul also showed the palm-sized skull of a "duck crocodile" from the same deposits as his monster crocodile.

The sauropod with the battery of teeth sounds impressive; I wish he'd said more about it at AAAS. -- Jeff Hecht