Re: New papers in Acta Palaeontologica Polonica

Ken Kinman (kinman@hotmail.com) wrote:

<WOW!! What an extraordinary cladogram. Needless to say, Clade B is music
to my ears (and eyes).>

  Why? It's full of missing data, is missing ornithurine birds which would
probably pull Archie and *Confuciusornis* together and away from ovis ...
mononykes which seem to be maniraptoran and partavian (maybe), and many
basal paravians and deinonychosaurs which are not included my also revise
topology and must be included to make the phyloogeny _meaningful_. The
absence of taxa like *Microvenator,* *Microraptor,* *Sinornithosaurus,*
Troodontidae sensu lato, *Shuvuuia* (known from a nearly complete skeletal
assemblage, including skull), and the low bootstrap support (>75%) of
clades A, B, C, Oviraptorosauria, Caenagnathidae, Oviraptoridae, and
clades D and F show that character transitions are being screwed by
homoplasy, and that missing material and thus lots of "?" in the matrix
are making the topology questionable.

  I ain't cheering...

  Thanks to Tom, BTW, for getting this for me and Mickey...

=====
Jaime A. Headden