Tyrannosaurus Sue--the book (was Re: Would like some opinions...)

In a message dated 2/19/2002 10:13:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
MKIRKALDY@aol.com writes:

< Yes, and that is one of the more obvious problems with the book.  First
person quotes are few except for those of the Larsons, Sue H., and Dr.
Bakker.  It has been a while since I read the book, and I will have to check
to see whom the author actually interviewed in his research.  SVP is cast as
the villain of the story. >

Ken Carpenter had a quote on the back of the book jacket, so I asked him
about the book:
_____

Subj:   Re: Tyrannosaurus Sue
Date:   2/20/2002 4:08:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:    KCarpenter@dmns.org (Ken Carpenter)
To:    MKIRKALDY@aol.com

Hi Mary,
You may post this:
I was asked to review the manuscript and write a short jacket blurb. I found
many mistakes which I passed on to the publisher, but by then the book was
already in production. It was unfortunate that the author did not have a more
balanced approach, even if the final product was pro-Larson. It was also
unfortunate that Pete had a competent, but unqualified lawyer to represent
him. He could have gotten off.

Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.

Dept. of Earth Sciences