RE: New papers in Acta Palaeontologica Polonica

> From: Jean-michel BENOIT [mailto:Jean-Michel.BENOIT@gemplus.com]
>
> Were do the Enantiornithines branch off, in this cladogram? ( BTW, thanks
> for the answers for my test post)
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel

Dear Jean-Michel,

The authors did not include Enantiornithes in their analysis, so we can't
really tell where they would branch out.  It would be, I think, an excellent
exercise to include some non-confuciusornithid birds in the analysis, and
see how it modifies the structure they found.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite