RE: "Dinos XXL Size"

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Juergen Peters
>
> Hello!
>
> I just accidentally zapped to a local TV station (NDR 3, here in Germany)
> and stopped as they aired a film by Steve Ruggi called "Dinos XXL Size"
> (German title "Dinos Größe XXL") about the theory that even big theropods
> hunted in packs.
> The very interesting film was mainly about Phil Currie's work but also
> featured HP Thomas Holtz as a commentator.
> Can anybody tell me when this was filmed (the credits were too fast for
> me...)? It already mentioned the six big (bigger than Giganotosaurus)
> unnamed (are they still?) theropods from Argentina.

This was originally a BBC Horizon special called "Extreme Dinosaurs".  To my
knowledge it hasn't been released in the U.S.  It was filmed in the summer
of 2000 (I was filmed a day or so after coming back from the Galapagos, so I
had for what passes on me as a tan... :-).

And the new giant carcharodontosaurs are still not named; paper is
apparently in process.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742