Re: ECHINODON & BBC HORIZON

In a message dated 2/22/02 3:37:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

<< Martin also said that all bird
 workers agreed with him that birds could not be descended from
 dinosaurs. Oh really? Silly me, I must stop reading the technical
 ornithological literature. >>

Well, Larry Martin is right, but only if he means that birds cannot be
descended from any >known< dinosaurs. All the most birdlike, feathered
dinosaurs occur too late in the fossil record to be bird ancestors (and I
maintain that some, if not all, are secondarily flightless bird