RE: FEATHERS FOR T-REX?

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Williams, Tim wrote:

> To put it another way, possession of feathery integumentary
> structures is *minimally* primitive for the Maniraptoriformes (if
> _Sinosauropteryx_ is a basal maniraptoriform).

Kind of a big assumption, isn't it? I would say it's minimally primitive
for Clade(_Sinosauropteryx prima_ + _Vultur gryphus_). Whether certain
clades (_Tyrannosauroidea_, _Ornithomimosauria_, etc.) belong to that
clade or not is currently unresolved.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
  BloodySteak             <http://www.bloodysteak.com>
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>