Re: Burpee Recollections (champsosaurs)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:29:27
 Ken Kinman wrote:
>     I thought that Susan Evans had already found champsosaurs from the
>Jurassic?  And that Storrs and others believe that Pachystropheus is an
>Upper Triassic champsosaur.
>     Or perhaps Bakker was referring to champsosaurids in particular, rather
>than champsosaurs (choristoderes) in general.  Of course, they are so rarely
>found that any find is significant.

Unfortunately, I can't be of much help here.  I don't know enough about
champsosaurs, and can't speak for Bakker.  Perhaps he was referring strictly to
the champsosaurids...or, perhaps, he was embellishing for the audience (I doubt
he would do that, but he is Bakker...)  But, yes, the find certainly is
significant and I await the paper.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY