[Fwd: When The Asteroid Hit, Most Plant-Eating Bugs Died]

Here is an interesting e-mail I received from NASA , so tell me your thoughts.
If
true, then surviving plants had little predation from insects to worry about.
But
how about those animals whom are herbivores, wouldn't this mean less competition
for them, and more herbivore action on the surviving vegetation given the
reduced
food supply?  None the less it is interesting to think about, particularly when
you
try to understand relationships Between various plants and animals in a now
extinct
environment.