RE: FEATHERS FOR T-REX?

Being such big animals, the only way I can imagine adult tyrannosaurs have a thick coating of protofeathers would be if they lived in a cold climate (like woolly mammoths did). The evidence is completely contrary to this, and an animal that size in a warm climate would have had severe problems with heat dissipation. Skin impressions also argue against adult tyrannosaurs having a substantial covering of protofeathers.
However, it would not surprise me if they had such a covering on the back end (rump and tail), especially during brooding of eggs, assuming that they directly brooded their eggs in some manner. If not, protofeathers would have been useless except possibly for display (sexual or aggressive).
Another two cents worth,
Ken