Re: Brooding rex? (was Feathers for T. rex)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Gay" <rob@dinodomain.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:23 PM
Subject: Brooding rex? (was Feathers for T. rex)

> At the Tucson Gem and Mineral
> Show this year, Black Hills had a cast of a positively _monstrous_ nest,
at
> least 10 feet in diameter, containing one row (loosely using row, I
suppose.
> Egg line that ran around the circumference) of these elongate eggs that
are
> being discussed, and were laying mostly flat; not sticking up out of the
> nest surface too much (crushing? actual orientation?).

This nest cast was not based on an actual nest, if I remember correctly.
>From what I recall, it was a composite cast of a couple different eggs that
were replicated to create the effect of a large nest. This may or may not be
based on actual finds, but you'd have to talk to the molders and casters to
find out for sure.

Andy
Andrew A. Farke
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Box P404
501 East St. Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701

605-394-2816

andyfarke@hotmail.com