Re: FEATHERS FOR T-REX?

>       However, it should be noted that giant ground sloths were probably
> nocturnal.

Oho! Interesting! Never read of that. Why? Because of their fur?

>      As for tyrannosaurs crushing their eggs, maybe I am giving them too
> much credit for being able to build a well cushioned nest and using
muscles
> to keep its weight from bearing down too hard.  If this really is so
> problematic, how about them just laying the base of the tail over the egg
> (eggs) or maybe the upper breast or neck area?

HP Tom Hopp suggested months ago that tyrannosaurs could have brooded in a
pretty normal way -- spreading their _relatively_ tiny wings over their eggs
(assuming they had wing feathers, of course), while only the feet and the
pubic foot/boot actually contacted the ground (the ground, not the eggs). Is
any lateral excursion possible at tyrannosauroid shoulder joints?

> In any case, I have a hard
> time believing that they didn't have nesting behavior of some kind.  I
also
> think that their eggs were probably more round than elongate (and almost
> certainly not ornithoid).

That's pretty ambiguous even under your phylogeny (though you still haven't
told me whether I've understood your latest classification correctly).
Regarding your next post, the eggs attributed to segnosaurs* are
dinosauroid-spherulitic which is the plesiomorphy for dinosaurs (sauropods
and ornithischians), so that's _anyway_ a reversal judging from the
dinosauroid-prismatic eggshells of allosauroids and troodontids.

* But why does that embryo have teeth on its premaxilla?