RE: Brooding rex? (was Feathers for T. rex)

>    Farms?   Are you talking chicken eggs?  I don't get your point.

Cattle, sheep and horses usually have less offspring than dogs, cats and
rats.

If you're claiming that herbivorous (fruit-, leaf- or nut-eating) birds
always have more chicks than carnivorous (insect-, fish- or flesh-eating)
birds, then I don't think this is true either.

I don't think there's any foundation for regarding plant-eating dinosaurs as
inherently more likely to have larger broods than meat-eating dinosaurs.

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall