Basilisk Update

I'm firmly of the opinion the whale's name really should be Basilotherium, but that's entirely beside the point. In any case, the Common Basilisk as a genus will be known as Basiliskosaurus, with a minority opinion holding that the proper name is Basilosuchus.

In addition the Songbird Basilisk will be known as Melodobasiliskosaurus with the Greater Basilisk known as Megabasiliskosaurus.

My thanks to all who wrote with substantial feedback.

Of course, it is possible there are alternate names for the other genera. The Tuneful Basilisk comes to mind, but I don't know the Latin for it. Then you have species names, so your chance to aid in the creation of a DnD monster book/dinosaur book parody is still open.

Alan