Re: Deltopectoral Crests and Condyles on the Humeri & Re: [Sub]Arctometatarsalia

MSN is having problems, so the following two messages sent by the
other Mickey got bounced to me:

------- Start of forwarded message number 1 -------
From: "Mickey_Mortimer11" <Mickey_Mortimer11@email.msn.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Deltopectoral Crests and Condyles on the Humeri
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:55:36 -0800

MariusRomanus@aol.com wrote-

> When those analyses were done, were multistate characters
> implemented?  Who has actually shown multistate characters in their
> matrixes? If they are done at all, how often are they performed? I
> seriously don't think I've ever come across any, especially for the
> condyles on the humeri.

Sure they are.  For instance, Norell et al.'s (2001) analysis of
coelurosaur phylogeny included 40 characters out of 205 that had more
than two states.  Holtz, Sereno, Forster et al., Rauhut and many others
do too.  No one's used multistate codings for the cranial extent of the
humeral distal condyles yet, but that character needs a lot of work
anyway.

Mickey Mortimer

------- End of forwarded message 1 -------