Re: new paper

Stephen Pickering (StephanPickering@cs.com) speculates:

<Dr Jang's work causes one to speculate: could the small feathered taxa
have been omnivorous: fruits, flowers, insects?>

  Unlikely ... the teeth of the forms in question tend to be more
specialized in most cases. Only in *Microraptor* and *Sinovenator* do the
teeth approach anything like phylodont dentition for the purposes of
rendering plants. *Sinornithosaurus* was quite carnivorous with long and
blade-like lateral teeth; so does *Protarchaeopteryx*. *Caudipteryx* and
*Protarchaeopteryx* have elongated mesial teeth, and these appear to form
a semblance of a "hook" and have rendering capabilities ... as in flesh.

=====
Jaime A. Headden