Re: FEATHERS FOR T-REX?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 NJPharris@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/26/02 6:51:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:
>

> > That chance
> > is probably smaller for Carnosauria, but at least it's defined so that
> > *Allosaurus*, _the_ carnosaur, always is a carnosaur; though I do think
> > Allosauroidea or even Allosauria look better.
>
> Carnosauria stem-based, Allosauroidea node-based.  What's the problem?

What if _Allosauria_ were defined along the lines of Clade(_Allosaurus_
<-- _Vultur_, _Torvosaurus_, _Spinosaurus_, _Megalosaurus_), such that it
would be a junior heterodefinitional synonym of _Carnosauria_ under most
phylogenies, but a potentially useful clade under phylogenies where
_Carnosauria_ is more expansive, like Rauhut's?

Eh...

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
  BloodySteak             <http://www.bloodysteak.com>
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>