Qilongia & omnivory

Your logic is, alas, tepid. I have seen "carnivores", such as a bear and a mongoose (in Hawaii), eating bearies and fruit. I have also observed an adult giraffe, with its 18 inch tongue, clean out a nest and eat the chicks and eggs. A crow-sized theropod, in a rainforest or broad-leaved woodland, is not going to consult Julia Child for permission to eat any prey it can obtain...and it would not surprise me in the least if the feathered taxa from China were omnivores: berries, insects, lizards.