Re: The problem of informal names (was RE: "Ichabodcraniosaurus")

Steve  Brusatte (dinoland@lycos.com) wrote:

> I may be dead wrong here, but I actually thought that William Hammer was
> seriously considering naming _Cryolophosaurus_ "Elvisaurus" at one point
> (IIRC, the name "Elvisaurus" appeared in a children's book as a
> nickname).  I, therefore, would separate "Elvisaurus" from a strict
> nickname like "Stan," "Sue," or "Willo."

  Consider yourself deceased ... :) Elvisaurus is a nickname coined by
Jeff Hecht in _Prehistoric Times_. You may check the archives. There was
some discussion of those for this reason.

Jaime A. Headden

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!