Re: Dinosaur Locomotion in Nature

Day, J.J.; Norman, D.B.; Upchurch, P.; & Powell, H.P. 2002. Biomechanics:
Dinosaur locomotion from a new trackway. _Nature_ 415: 494-495.

Abstract:

"Ardley Quarry in Oxfordshire, UK, contains one of the most extensive
dinosaur-trackway sites in the world, with individual trackways extending
for up to 180 metres. We have discovered a unique dual-gauge trackway from
a bipedal theropod dinosaur from the Middle Jurassic in this locality,
which indicates that these large theropods were able to run and that they
used different hindlimb postures for walking and running. Our findings
have implications for the biomechanics and evolution of theropod
locomotion."

=====
Jaime A. Headden