Re: Just following the trend of questioning...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Gardner" <n_gardner637@hotmail.com>

> Is it present in other deinonychosaurs
> aside from Deinonychus and Velociraptor?

No idea (though I guess so), but in *Khaan* metacarpal III doesn't reach the
carpus. Does this mean mobility?

> Other birds?

Apart from Confuciusornithidae, the 3rd finger is so reduced in Pygostylia
that this question becomes inapplicable. *Sapeornis* is (probably) too
poorly known. But there's a new specimen (with a skull, I already mentioned
that), so maybe we'll know more soon.

DA has arrived! Right at my birthday! :-)