RE: See! It's all because they changed Brontosaurus's name! ;-)

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:00:22
 Allan Edels wrote:

>The article is from the Bangkok Post:
>"It was the second such incident within a week at Pedan cave in Thung
>Yai district."
>As such, I expect that the incidents took place in Thailand, not China.
>
>I'd probably faint at finding a 300 mya dinosaur.  Then I'd brush the
>dust off, take out the picks, shovels, hammers, brushes, and start
>digging. :-)
>
>Of course, the reporter probably just assumed it was a dinosaur.  What
>else is big, old, and buried in some rock?  :-))

Ah, Bangkok.  I should have noticed.  Anyway, I believe the same poor
Carboniferous fossil record exists in Thailand (and all of Southeast Asia) as
well.  So, I would guess that the 300 mya date is erroneous.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.