Re: Old Buisness [Deinonychus track?]

    No doubt you're correct Rob.  I cannot imagine how the cast of such an
ordinary track could be labeled as that of a Deinonychus.

    If someone of good repute on this list wants to see abundant examples of
real dromeosaurid tracks including a piece of substrate with two successive
ones (probably of Deinonychus, since HP Tom Lipka has found one or more
seeming Deinonychus teeth in the local clay pit), inquire of permission to
visit the Mesozoic Track Project (MTP) collection, presently housed in our
living room, which it has already out grown.  If that is not practical, wait
for the paper, but don't hold your breath while waiting, because more
important papers are ahead of that on our work list.

    The local dromeosaurid tracks are totally distinct from tracks of other
types of dinosaurs.  To see them is to believe that a dinosaur with a
'terrible claw' on digit II has walked there.

    Ray Stanford
    Mesozoic Track Project*
    P. O. Box 845
    College Park, MD 20741-0845
    dinotracker@earthlink.net

    *MTP is presently an informal association of amateur and professional
scientists involved in the scientific study and conservation of mesozoic
tracks of all types, and of other mesozoic ichnites.  The principal focus at
this time is upon the Early Cretaceous tracks of Maryland.