Re: Deinonychus restoration

Nick P wrote:

< Looks good, but (and this is a general question) why do I keep seeing
dromaeosaurids reconstructed with long
< feathers only at the end of the tail?  I'd imagine they would have
flat feathers sticking out to the sides for the whole
< length of the tail, as appears to be the case in _Archaeopteryx_,
_Jurapteryx_ (if distinct from the former),
< _Microraptor_, and, IIRC, "Dave".  I think it looks better that way.

Probably after NGMC 91 (?Sinornithosaurus juvenile) and BPM 1 3-13
(Dave?).